Happy hump day everyone
I hope everyone had a great week. My first week back was busy and I totally missed my little one but I survived. This is going to be a short post because I literally just got home a few minutes ago and my pizza is getting cold. Yes, pizza. Tracking? What’s tracking (#wwfail)?
Where was I? Oh yeah. Work.
As much as I would love to get in to the details, the fact of the matter is working in education is highly regulated and extremely litigious. It’s not a criticism: this is a fact. While I want to be extremely transparent, I have to be extremely careful with what I say, who to say it to and where. I hate it because I have a lot feelings and opinions but I have to keep it contained it because people can be awful (there are alternate words I would like to use but professionalism blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda). So for now, I can’t talk about my day job but one day, I hope to be able to be in a place where I can speak freely and honestly and not have to constantly look over my shoulder. I believe those experience will be able to help parents AND educators but for now, I’m afraid mum’s the word.
Before I go and enjoy my lukewarm Hawaiian pizza (forgive me) here is a quick lowdown of my rants and raves for the week.
1. The closing of not 1 but 2 Toronto delis, Caplansky’s and Mutual Street Deli. It’s a shanda I tell you. Deli is soul food. Kishka. Kreplach. Knish. Why do the best food’s begin with K?
2. This weather. I’m sorry. Climate change is real, ya’ll.
3. Arie is a terrible bachelor. But my favorite part of the show was the girl from Wiener, Arkansas. Ha ha. Wiener.
1. Sushi lunch with the girls really breaks up the day.
2. Watching my son sort his toys for fun.
3. The return of Zumba. Guys, you don’t even know how much I fell in love with Zumba over my maternity leave. The class went on a two week hiatus for the holidays and seriously, I’m starting to have withdrawal.
That is all for now. Check back on Saturday for my weigh in and Zumba recap (yay). Also, the golden globes are on this Sunday! I love me a good awards show and while I haven’t seen any of the movies nominated, I love trying to predict winners. I’ll share with you my recap on Monday. Since I will be most likely watching them alone (Adam doesn’t have the patience) I plan on tweeting throughout the night, so if you have twitter, add me and we can kibbitz.
Finally, I just want to thank you so much for all the facebook group love. I’ve only had the page for a week and the response has surpassed my expectations. This whole experience is a learning curve but the bottom of my hear: thank you.
That’s all I have for now. Have a great evening.