It’s my birthday!
I’m also celebrating my first three months of blogging. While I’ve been pretty open about certain aspects of my life, I realized I haven’t shared much about “everyday me”. So, in the spirit of being self-indulgent (it is my birthday after all), I decided to finally do my “all about me” post. Here are some of my favourite things and random Jen-facts.
- I’m married to my favourite person, best friend and the love of my life.
- I met my husband at a Halloween party (full story to come at a later date. It’s a good one).
- My son is literally my “why” for any major decision in my life.
- I live and work in downtown Toronto.
- While I grew up in the suburbs, I will always be a city girl at heart.
- While I’ve always loved to write, I’ve only recently found the courage (and chutzpah) to truly put myself out there.
- My favourite hobbies are reading, blogging, and going to the gym.
- My go to outfit is always jeans, a super soft t-shirt, some converse and my hair in a messy bun.
- I describe my personal style as “thoroughly modern minimalist mommy schlep”.
- Some of my favourite clothing stores are Aritzia, Zara, and J. Crew. I can’t put an outfit together but that is what Pinterest is for.
- My favourite lipstick right now is Tarte’s Quench Lip Rescue in Cherry.
- When I have the time and feel fancy, I love making French Press coffee.
- My favourite sneakers for the gym are Nike Free Runs.
- My everyday sneaker of choice are converse and New Balance 574’s.
- When I try and take time to smell the roses, I actually prefer to smell Sunflowers and Dahlias.
- We have an extremely lovable tortoiseshell cat named Luna. She is a rescue cat from Toronto Cat Rescue.
- My ultimate guilty pleasure is reality tv and as soon as it’s on Adam leaves the room. #BachelorNation.
- One of my favourite charities is Gilda’s Club.
- My necessary extravagance are facials (and room service coming in a close second).
- The only skin care brand I use is Dermalogica. Game changer.
- My must have beauty product is sun screen and I wear it all year round.
- Women who inspire me: Nora Ephron, Gilda Radner, Carrie Fisher, Sheryl Sandberg, The Golden Girls and my mom.
- My favourite colour is glitter.
- My favourite band is Mumford and Sons.
- I have embraced my love for unicorns and rainbows. Even though I’m almost 40.
- I will run to puppies on the street.
- My parents have been married for 47 years.
- I have accepted my random princess moments.
- I only recently discovered why the Weeknd can’t feel his face when he’s with you.
- My favourite movies are Network and The Shawshank Redemption.
- Favourite Take Out: Salmon Sushi Burrito, Rolltation
- The book, The Subtle Art Of Not Giving a F*ck, not only woke me up but inspired me to start my blog.
- I’ve never seen the musical Bright Star but the music manages to make me go through all the feels.
- While I was pregnant, I wasn’t able to watch Disney movies and since becoming a mom, I still can’t. Bambi. Dumbo. Adam learned this when we went to go see the Pete’s Dragon remake in which I ugly cried through most of it.
- My first major celebrity crush was Mike Myers. My brother once ran into him in the Eaton Centre and brought back his autograph for me on the back of a receipt.
- My major “Hollywood moment” was being an extra in “Blues Brothers 2000″. The hours were crazy, I had wind machines blown at me, several takes involving “rain”, and they paid in cash. It was honestly one of the coolest and most magical moments of my adolescence. The movie bombed but John Landis was incredibly cool.
- I believe that breakfast for dinner is ALWAYS a great idea.
So there you go. I hope these little biographical “nuggets” of info give you a better picture of who I am, every day. Thank you so much for reading and please comment below and share something about yourself so I can get to know you better.
Have a great weekend everyone!