Happy Friday everyone!
As promised I’m here to report back on how the last few days went. But first, a special thank you to everyone who reached out to me in regards to my last post. I had such an amazing response and I’m happy so many people were able to relate to some of my challenges.
So. How did the last few days go?
My first goal was to revisit my why. While my son is basically my why for everything these days, I came up with the 5 op reasons why I’m on this health journey.
- I want to lose weight. At least another 20 lbs. #sorrynotsorry
- I want to look smoking in a two piece before I hit 40. Again, #sorrynotsorry
- I don’t want to inject insulin into my body. Ever. Again.
- I want to be able to roll around and play with my son, my husband, and the litter of children I imagine having (relax: I said imagine).
- It’s my body and I can do whatever I want.
As I wrote my why’s down in my journal, I realized that I need to stop apologizing for wanting to be the best version of myself possible. In a world where women are given so many contradictory messages of who we should be, what we should look like, what we should or shouldn’t be wearing, it’s easy to sometimes fall into the trap of either trying to be something we’re not or comparing our journey to someone else’s. This exercise allowed me to refocus and get back on track.
My second goal I set with myself was to walk everywhere. Well, not only did I meet my daily 10k steps, I knocked it out of the park.
I’m happy to say I walked over 15,000 steps. In spite of the bizarre Toronto weather conditions, I pulled on my granny panties (and my long underwear) and got moving. Something has got to give with this weather, right? In any case, it felt good to recommit to using my body to it’s full power potential. I know sometimes walking can be boring but I enjoy listening to podcasts as I get from point A to point B. I plan on doing a post soon about some of the podcasts I love listening to.
And my final, and most difficult goal was to get my tush back in to Weight Watchers for both weigh in and meeting.
This week’s topic was all about optimism and how it can often be a method of avoiding what we need to do next. This is EXACTLY what had been happening to me. With every slip, I was gentle, yes, but I also laughed it off and said, “I’ll get back on the horse tomorrow”. But you know what happened?
3.7 lbs HAPPENED.
Talk about humbling.
I am however choosing to share this with you, rather than descend in to my cave of darkness and solitude. Why? Because maybe it might help you. That’s right. I’m a cautionary tale.
But seriously, the only way out of this is up. So, in order to stay on track, I’m setting my action plan by setting three goals for the weekend.
- Going into work early to work out. I work at a gym so one of the many perks is to have the place to myself. There might be dancing.
- I will meal plan on Saturday and then meal prep on Sunday. There is the planning but then the actual follow through. If you have any favourite batch recipes, please send them my way.
- I plan on documenting my progress and sharing the outcome with you on Monday.
I feel that this plan of action is going to be a big help as I enter this next stage of my journey. Can you think of a time when you became complacent with your goals? I love hearing from you guys so please jump in!
I hope you all have an amazing weekend and I look forward to checking in with you on Monday.
You’d look smoking in a two piece no matter what!
Well thank you Bella xo
Fantastic weekend goals — I’ll be reading the next 2 blogs, to see if you followed through babe.