Happy Sunday everyone.
I hope you had a great weekend. In my last post, I set a few goals and as promised, here I am to share with you my progress.
First, I wanted to get to work early so I could fit in a workout but unfortunately, I did not meet his goal. Saturday mornings are hard because I’m at work late on Fridays. I also find working out alone in an empty gym to be a little lonely. Is that weird? I would love your thoughts. Nevertheless, over the past few months I have really subscribed to the philosophy of #bettertogether. Whether I’m working out in a group class, with a friend or at a busy gym, I have more satisfying workouts when surrounded by like-minded people. While I didn’t meet this goal, I got in my daily step goal for both Saturday and Sunday. Yay!
My other goal was to plan my meals for the week. Using this adorable pad from Knock Knock I planned out not only our family meals, but my own individual breakfast, lunch and snack meals. I have all my lunches prepped for the week and I’m making sure I snack safe at work. As an aside, I really need to up my water intake. I downloaded an app on my phone to make sure I track but if you have any tips or tricks on how to sneak in water breaks, please share them in the comments below.
As I enter a new week, I’m going to continue to set some smaller goals. Here are my goals for this week:
- I will meet my goal of 10k steps from Monday to Friday.
- I will NOT skip breakfast.
- I won’t eat after 8pm. This is sometimes controversial. Some people think you shouldn’t eat past 8pm and some people think it’s okay as long as it’s WHAT you’re eating. I just know that I’m a late night snacker and late night runs to the fridge never ends well. On Thursdays and Fridays, I don’t get in the door until 9 so in order to follow this goal I will plan to eat dinner at work.
- Get in at least 3 runs. CHallenging? Yes. Sometimes uncomfortable? You betcha. But those endorphins are superpowers and they get me every time.
- Report back on Friday with a Weight Watchers weigh in report.
So those are my goals for the week. I’m looking forward to sharing my progress with you. What are some of your goals for the week? Do you have thoughts on meal planning? How do you sneak in your water? What do you think about eating late at night? I I really want to hear from you so be sure to write your comments below.