I don’t know about you, but I have a love-hate relationship with New Year’s Resolutions.
On the one hand, I love setting goals and making checklists. On the other hand, I often get super overwhelmed by the enormity of the tasks, and will often throw in the towel if I don’t see immediate results.
Anyone else in the same boat?
Can I get an amen for some all-or-nothing thinking?
Don’t get me wrong, it’s important to look back and reflect in order to move forward. Let me clear when I say that 2018 will fondly be remembered as the year I started to live my life authentically and fearlessly. And while there were some significant ups and downs, one thing is very clear:
I’ve only scratched the surface.
There is still a lot of work to be done. And so, after careful thought and consideration, I’ve compiled a list of 19 random things I intend on checking off the ol’ bucket list for 2019.
My 19 For 2019
- Conquer my fear of driving.
- Legally change my name to my husband’s surname (better late than never).
- Work for WW.
- Lauch my Youtube channel and ignore the “niche police”.
- Master Sony Vegas pro.
- Go on monthly dates with Adam.
- Hit my goal weight.
- Reflect on the past, but don’t stay there too long.
- Book more background work.
- Read more Margaret Atwood.
- Create a new family tradition.
- Do a heels class with Army of Sass.
- Quit over-editing my blog posts.
- Commit to blogging three times a week and stay focused using my content planner.
- Use Apple Downtime and schedule “screen free” blocks of time.
- Invest in experiences, not “things”.
- Focus on learning a new recipe every week in the Instant Pot.
- Practice daily gratitude.
- Continue to practice compassion, kindness and radical acceptance with people who test your patience (over and over again).
So there you have it. My 19 for 2019.
Do you make New Years Resolutions? What are some of your goals for 2019?
Before I sign off I want to take a moment to thank you for your continued love and support. This blog has truly been a labour of love and can’t wait to continue on this adventure. Wishing you and yours a very happy, healthy new year.
May you find the courage and strength to take your own leap of faith.
Happy New Year to you Jen , Adam and all my Canadian cousins …. hoping next year is filled with experiences… my favorite gift …both to receive and give. Wishing you health, and peace within your heart ♥️
Love our talks! We hope to make it out to your end soon!
Hello! 🙂 Happy New Year! Loving all your goals for 2019. I haven’t written mine down yet. I’m following your lovely blog and I’m also following you on IG. 🙂 Hope all is well. I must say we are very similar and have a lot in common. 🙂 Have a lovely weekend.
Happy new year! I love that you’re in Toronto too! I’m going to make sure I’m following all your socials ❤️ Thank you so much for stopping by!
Most welcome!! I’m happy to be reading your lovely blog and getting to know you. Wishing you all the best and have a lovely weekend. ❤️